This posting has expired and is no longer available.
The Animal Care Specialist (ACS) will learn and develop extensive experience in handling a wide-range of animal care tasks. The ACS will work independently, with minimal supervision. Applicant must be exceedingly well organized, motivated and possess a strong work ethic.
The ability to positively interact with the public and staff in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, while remaining calm, focused, resourceful and efficient is critical to this role. Further, applicant must be highly professional and demonstrate superior attention to detail. The pay range for this position is $10/hour.
Animal Care Specialist Responsibilities:
- Receive, handle and kennel pets of all temperaments, including those of unknown temperament.
- Interact with the public to review adoption applications, provide potential adoption matches and complete adoptions.
- Suggest and complete retail sales and donation transactions.
- Perform pet care and adoption-related tasks.
- Adhere to disease management, medical protocols and safety procedures set by the organization.
- Check for current rabies vaccinations and assist with pet registration program.
- Monitor physical condition of pets and perform health care as directed by management.
- Maintain and enter data to achieve comprehensive records.
- Comply with kennel cleaning and servicing protocols, including preparation of cage cards.
- Clean, disinfect and maintain pet areas, including kennels and exercise yards.
- Feed, water, bathe and exercise pets. Introduce new pets to exercise area. Separate pets as required for behavior (aggressive, passive, social).
- Prepare pet paperwork and files, including: taking and uploading pictures of the pet, writing bios, filling out adoption contracts with proper information, printing cage flyers, and verifying that the pet is current on vaccinations, dewormers, etc.
- Attend training, maintain certifications and cross-train peer personnel.
- Mediate customer complaints if required.
- Provide input to supervisor regarding performance monitoring, completion of feedbacks and evaluations, and progress in meeting HALO goals.