This posting has expired and is no longer available.
The Animal Care Specialist (ACS) will learn and develop extensive experience in handling a wide-range of animal care tasks. The ACS will work independently, with minimal supervision. Applicant must be exceedingly well organized, motivated and possess a strong work ethic.
The ability to positively interact with the public and staff in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, while remaining calm, focused, resourceful and efficient is critical to this role. Further, applicant must be highly professional and demonstrate superior attention to detail.
Animal Care Specialist Responsibilities:
- Receive, handle and kennel pets of all temperaments, including those of unknown temperament.
- Interact with the public to review adoption applications, provide potential adoption matches and complete adoptions.
- Suggest and complete retail sales and donation transactions.
- Perform pet care and adoption-related tasks.
- Adhere to disease management, medical protocols and safety procedures set by the organization.
- Check for current rabies vaccinations and assist with pet registration program.
- Monitor physical condition of pets and perform health care as directed by management.
- Maintain and enter data to achieve comprehensive records.
- Comply with kennel cleaning and servicing protocols, including preparation of cage cards.
- Clean, disinfect and maintain pet areas, including kennels and exercise yards.
- Feed, water, bathe and exercise pets. Introduce new pets to exercise area. Separate pets as required for behavior (aggressive, passive, social).
- Prepare pet paperwork and files, including: taking and uploading pictures of the pet, writing bios, filling out adoption contracts with proper information, printing cage flyers, and verifying that the pet is current on vaccinations, dewormers, etc.
- Attend training, maintain certifications and cross-train peer personnel.
- Mediate customer complaints if required.
- Provide input to supervisor regarding performance monitoring, completion of feedbacks and evaluations, and progress in meeting HALO goals.