Animal Care Specialist: North Phoenix-Paid
The Animal Care Specialist (ACS) will learn and develop extensive experience in handling a wide-range of animal care tasks. The ACS will work independently, with minimal supervision. Applicant must be exceedingly well organized, motivated and possess a strong work ethic.
The ability to positively interact with the public and staff in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, while remaining calm, focused, resourceful and efficient is critical to this role. Further, applicant must be highly professional and demonstrate superior attention to detail.
Animal Care Specialist Responsibilities:
- Receive, handle and kennel pets of all temperaments, including those of unknown temperament.
- Interact with the public to review adoption applications, provide potential adoption matches and complete adoptions.
- Suggest and complete retail sales and donation transactions.
- Perform pet care and adoption-related tasks.
- Adhere to disease management, medical protocols and safety procedures set by the organization.
- Monitor physical condition of pets and perform health care as directed by management.
- Maintain and enter data to achieve comprehensive records.
- Comply with kennel cleaning and servicing protocols.
- Clean, disinfect and maintain pet areas, including kennels and exercise yards.
- Feed, water, bathe and exercise pets. Separate pets as required for behavior (aggressive, passive, social).
- Prepare pet's paperwork and files, including: taking and uploading pictures of the pets, writing bios, filling out adoption contracts with proper information, printing cage flyers, and verifying that the pet is current on vaccinations, dewormers, etc.
- Mediate customer complaints if required.
Please include current contact information for your former employers and personal references so they can be verified. Applicants should be at least 18 years of age.
Pay: from $12/hour
Job Status: Full Time