Customer Service Representative-Paid
General Description of Position: The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide-range of administrative and retail-related tasks, and will be able to work independently, with minimal supervision. Applicant must be exceedingly well-organized, motivated, possess a strong work ethic and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting one of Arizona's largest no-kill animal shelters.
The ability to positively interact with the public and staff in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, while remaining calm, focused, resourceful and efficient, is critical to this role. Further, applicant must be highly professional, well-versed in both written and verbal communications, and demonstrate superior attention to detail.
- Past experience in an administrative or retail position
- Data entry experience and the ability to quickly learn new database skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong self-starter with initiative
- Possess excellent grammar and spelling skills
- Thrives in fast-paced, high pressure, multi-tasking environment
- Passion for pets
- Ability to safely interact with pets (some of unknown origin)
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
Customer Service Responsibilities include:
- Greet customers, provide rescue/adoption information, and interact with public
- High-volume data entry relative to adoptions, donations, new residents, etc.
- Answer telephone calls and questions
- Respond to general emails
- Complete daily cash register closeout from adoption fees, donations and merchandise sales
- Process and file adoption contracts
- Ensure that lobby and workstations are clean and presentable
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects, with follow-through in a timely manner
- Organize and maintain file systems
- Maintain clean, organized and sanitized work areas, including shelter lobby
- Uphold confidentiality standards
- Troubleshoot urgent issues
Please include current contact information for your former employers and personal references so they can be verified.
Pay: from $11/hour
Job Status: Full Time